Anonymous asked: hey, im very intrigued by dramione. a few reasons why it can be a canon ship? :)
Oh that’s great, I’m happy you got intrigued.
Umm why they could have been canon? Let’s see, these are just very general reasons, there was nothing very substantial in the books to imply something but still I’ll try -
- They come from such different backgrounds, it would have been a great example of unity
- A big theme in the books was the power of love, maybe not romantic, but still. It would have been amazing if they showed Draco getting over his prejudices and gaining some courage for Hermione’s love.
- She was a Gryffindor, he a Slytherin. She a Mudblood, he a Pureblood. She a Order member, he a Death Eater. Just look at the forbidden love premise, who doesn’t love that! Very Romeo Juliet :D
- Draco shared his feelings with a Muggle-born, Moaning Myrtle, something he didn’t do with any Pureblood. This could have easily been Hermione.
- Hermione is generally very compassionate and she was worried that he could get hurt during the Buckbeak and Ferret incident. All this was when he was still the enemy. So I really think she would have readily given him a second chance if she saw that there was still some good in him.
- She was the only one among all of them who kept insisting that he wasn’t a Death Eater. She already believed that he was not completely evil. She hadn’t condemned him yet. This would have created a wonderful premise to reveal that they had developed something between OoTP and HBP. This could have led to an early redemption for him or a really angsty SL where she knew what he had to do and let him go. But he would defect at the last moment. At the Astronomy Tower, Draco was already lowering his wand when the other death eaters had come in. I truly believe he would have come over to the Light Side if they provided protection for his parents. Hermione could have been reason behind this instead of Dumbledore.
- They were both quite brilliant. Wasn’t he one of the top students in class? At the end of the day, you don’t need bravery and heroism to survive in real life. I’m just thinking about the conversations 50-year old Ron and Hermione must have at the end of the day. It would be limited to “What’s for dinner, Mione?” Ron seldom understands what she’s talking about. I love him but we all know he’s not the brightest. For such a brilliant girl, I think she would get frustrated with him very easily. Draco was smart and witty. They would have had a fun entertaining marriage once all the war drama was over
- They are similar in personality - Both are stubborn, think they’re better than others (He thinks so cos he’s a Malfoy, she thinks so cos she’s much more advanced mentally than most people) and both are very resourceful. Could have made quite a power couple
- We know he finds her attractive cos he was rendered speechless at the Yule Ball when usually he always has some quips towards the trio.
- They could have been a nice parallel to Snape/Lily but with a happier ending.
- The whole hate to love concept is so heartwarming.
- There was nobody from the Dark Side who got redeemed in the books. It left things very black and white. I like a little bit of ambiguity.